Anistemi - Greek Origin: to rise, resurrect, or raise up. At CrossFit Anistemi, our passion is empowering others through physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.
What is CrossFit
- CrossFit is many things. Primarily, it’s a fitness regimen developed by Coach Greg Glassman over several decades.
- In 2003, he started a blog that would spur a revolution in the fitness industry. The contents were simple: the date, a picture, the Workout of the Day (WOD), and usually some provocative nugget of information.
- Anyone with an Internet connection and the willingness, curiosity and bravery to try it, could.
CrossFit is a regimen of constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity in a communal environment leads to health and fitness. The communal aspect is a key component of why it’s so effective.
Of course not! We have athletes of all ages and fitness levels. What you might not know about CrossFit is that it is scalable to each individual. The concept behind CrossFit is constantly varied, high intensity, functional fitness.That means we want to meet you right where you are and help you safely get to where you want to be.
You're free to pick whichever class time is most accommodating to your schedule. We ask that you please use your ZenPlanner app to reserve for a class so that we can best serve you! When you arrive, we have restrooms you may use to change, or some athletes come ready to WOD! Our classes are broken up into 4 different sections:*
Warm Ups: These typically take between 10-15 minutes and are designed to do just that - get the body warm before we work out!
* Skill: Just like WODs, our skills are constantly varied! Some days you may see weightlifting as the focus, others might be gymnastics or core work! Regardless of the skill, this portion of class takes anywhere from 15-20 minutes and is coach-led. Coaches will observe and work with the athletes to ensure that their form is safe and efficient. You just watch - coaches get just as excited when the athlete hits a PR or lands a new skill!
* WOD (Workout of the Day): Every day is a new adventure with our constantly varied programming! You may see a WOD that has rounds for time, AMRAP (As Many Rounds/Reps as Possible), or a Benchmark WOD! The movements are various combinations of wall balls, kettle bell swings, weightlifting, pull-ups, etc.! Lots of variety - lots of FUN! Every movement we do is scalable to meet your fitness level!
* Cool Down/Finisher: The last portion of our class is either a cool down or finisher. A finisher is designed to be a little extra work to finish the day: may be core work, a row or run, etc. Cool downs are programmed stretches that are designed to allow your body to recovery quicker and safer..
We do offer family discounts to inspire families to get fit together! We like to meet with families to discuss this option.
The majority of our classes are CrossFit. CrossFit Kids and CrossFit Teens is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We also have personal training available for those that like a more individual approach!
Open Gym is designed for the athlete to be able to come in and make up a previously missed WOD, today's programmed WOD, or simply work on skills they want to improve upon. We do ask that you notify a coach if you'd like to work towards a 1 RM. Open Gyms count towards your monthly classes, but is included in the membership if you have an Unlimited Membership.
While we want everyone to reach their fitness goals, class time is reserved for the programmed WOD or a scaled-version of the programmed WOD. This is where Open Gym would be a great option to get that extra work in!
Certainly! If your children are mature enough to be okay on their own, we have an area designed for the kids to play! For their safety, no kids are allowed on the rubber floors for any reason during class time. We offer CrossFit Kids on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-5:15pm and we would love to see your children there as well!
3, 2, 1...Go!
It's time. Use this form to start your journey.
1. Give us your Phone # and preferred time that you would like to chat.
2. Let us know if mornings, afternoons or evenings work best to schedule a visit or workout.